The winter months can be hard on all commercial roofs. Spring has come and the inevitable clean up and maintenance. Here are a few tips to get you started.
Why spring cleanup and maintenance is important for your commercial roof
- To extend the lifespan of your roof – just like an automobile or home, the better you take care of it, the longer it will last. Your roof is an investment in the future of your business and that’s how it should be treated.
- To save money—catching small problems early is a lot less expensive than dealing with a major headache later. This will also allow you add any necessary roof repairs to your budget so you won’t be hit with surprise costs later.
- To make your roof more attractive – even though it’s up high, people do notice your roof. If it’s dirty, has roofing materials hanging over the side or appears to be in disrepair, this reflects badly on your business as a whole.
Activities you should perform in the spring to protect your commercial roof
- Check the gutters
- Trim those trees
- Clean the roof
- Inspect for damage
- Prevent future impairment
- Look around inside
- Only use professionals
- Perform necessary repairs
Without a functioning, well-maintained roof, your business suffers. Your commercial roof is the first line of defense against the elements. If your roof fails, everything inside is at risk. You must take care of your roof with cleaning and maintenance as if your business depended on it…because it does.
Don’t wait for big problems to occur before you fix the small things.