How do I pick the right roofing contractor?
Quality and experience come first.
Selecting the right roof contractor for your roofing project should be your first priority. Business Owners need to consider the below important criteria’s when choosing the right roof contractor. Stone Roofing has a documented history of meeting and exceeding expectations in each category. Before selecting any roofing professional keep in mind that quality and experience come first when you make that final decision.
Research whether the prospective company satisfies these key areas of concern:
- Reliability starts at the top! Your roof will last over 20 years, so you want to make sure your roofing contractor will still be around. We suggest using a contractor with at least 10 years in the Southern California Market.
- Check out your employer’s history with the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org
Financial Stability and Bonding
- Make sure that your Contractor will guarantee all work and is bonded, and can assure financial strength.
All Under One Roof
- Using multiple contractors or subcontractors for different trades as Sheet Metal and AC will lead to longer timelines and finger pointing.
- Ask your roofer who will be working on your roof.
- Only contractors with enough experience, square feet installed, and repair ratio can offer you an extra 5 to 10 years on your warranty.
- Check with the manufacturer and make sure your warranty gets registered.
- The #1 reason for delays in projects is incorrect permitting. Choose a contractor that can show you how many permits they process in your city.
- Ask your contractor how many permits they process on a monthly basis.
- Safety should be number one priority. Ask you contractor about their Roof Safety Program. Do they have a safety prevention plan with good construction plan in place.
- Even the best roof can fall victim to severe weather outbreaks, fallen trees, vandals and other unexpected events. Who do you call?
- Confirm that your Roof Contractor is available 24/7 – 365 days in case of unexpected emergencies.
Reputation, Pride, and Integrity
- Pictures can say a thousand words. Choosing a contractor that can back up their claims of quality with job pictures, both during the installation and of the final product, can help prevent surprises in quality and professionalism.
- Ask your roofing contractor for pictures and references of completed projects and in-progress photos.
- You have a job to do and it should not be the roof.
- Ask for references from customers 5 years past and ask how many repairs were needed after installation.
- Feel good about purchasing your new roof.
- Ask your potential roofing contractors what they do for the community, in addition to their clients.
Best Value Proposition
- Know what you getting for your money.
- The price is competitive, but over the life of the roof, which bid is your lowest cost/ROI?
Choosing the right Roof Contractor will help you protect your asset from the top down.
We will be here tomorrow to stand behind what we do today! www.stoneroof.com